Thursday 10 May 2007

the audio clip process

Firstly when collecting the audio equipment I had a quick brief in how to use the recorder Marantz Professional Recorder. Using a hard disk I managed to record the interviews in the office at the public house and then come straight to the editing room at uni, load up the work onto Audocity software.

Once the work was loaded it was a basic job of cutting and pasting - not the most professional, but very effective method - all of the tracks into a flowing sequence that created the interview.

After positioning all tracks I saved the work and then exported it as a Wav file, once as a Wav file i then converted it to MP3, did some level checks and general inspection of the piece to see whether it really worked! Then I burnt it onto a disc as an audio mp3 file which is therefore playable in both a CD player and a computer.

This wasn't the smoothest or coolest way of doing the interview and organising all of the tracks, but like I said before very effective, so take a listen and tell me what you think.

Thanks.

No comments: